Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Monthly Edit

April monthly edit

READING
I know we’re all doing our best to adjust to the “new normal” that is quarantine & I’ve seen so many posts floating around about managing stress & anxiety, staying in touch with those we love and parenting our kids while also trying to be their teachers.  This article really struck a chord with me & I think it’s the best one I’ve read in the last two months.  During a time when it can be so easy to get self-absorbed, I particularly appreciate what it says about the importance of serving others & the significant impact it can have on our own mental health during this time.

WEARING
Resin jewelry is a huge trend for the season & it’s started popping up everywhere.  What I love about it is that these pieces are so lightweight, which makes them more comfortable & ideal for the warm weather months.  I’ve recently picked up a couple new baubles including these chic neutral earrings, which go with everything & are just the right size for everyday wear.  I also like these marbled hoops, these tortoise dropsthis chunky resin bangle (such a fun retro vibe).  See more of my top picks in the scrolling bar below!

CRAVING
Is it strange to order yourself a Mother’s Day gift? (asking for a friendEquilibria just launched a special gift box for the upcoming holiday that’s full of pampering products & I want them all!  I’m already a big believer in their main products (can’t say enough good things about the relief cream), but this gift set gets you some of their limited edition goodies including 2 CBD rollerballs, mineral salts & a bath bomb.  I usually swear by Epsom Salt baths when my muscles are sore or my Lupus joint pain is really bad, but these CBD products work so much better for me.  You can use my code pennypinch to get 15% off!

USING
File this under: things I never knew I needed & now can’t live without!  I actually had a tool similar to this that I bought from TJ Maxx & used almost every day…but it broke about 6 months ago, so I was thrilled to find this replacement.  While it is more expensive than the first one I owned, it appears to be much better quality, so I’m hopeful it will last for years to come.  It basically feels like a mini face massage & it’s great for people who suffer from TMJ or migraines, though I use it mainly for the depuffing, lifting & contouring effect it has.  I do this first thing in the morning after I’ve washed my face & applied face oil – using upward only motions & focusing on neck, cheeks & jawline.  Not only does it help promote circulation (which helps brighten skin), but I swear I look a little more lifted & my chin is more defined afterwards.

LOVING
I have been paring down my closet a lot lately in anticipation of our move and the limited storage space we will soon have.  As I get older, it’s clear that I’m gravitating more towards neutrals because they tend to be the most versatile (especially for wardrobe basics), but I love the minimalist approach of selecting just 2 or 3 key colors to incorporate into your closet.  The goal is to find shades that will work with most of what you already own so you can mix & match for multiple combinations.  In addition to olive green (which I already own quite a bit of), the two colors I’ve decided to focus on are dusty rose (like this tie-front top, these paper-bag pants, this short sleeve sweater, these buttoned shorts & this belted cardigan) and rust (like this cardigan, this linen-blend sundressthese Lyocell shorts, this ruffled wrap dress, this basic tee & this tank dress).

BUYING
This is the time of year when I usually spend a little time updating our home decor for the warm weather months.  So it’s a little strange to think that soon I’ll be living in a house that someone else has decorated.  I hadn’t really thought about it until now, but I get so much joy from decorating our home and it’s something that I will really miss.  My husband noticed my sadness while we were packing last weekend & sweetly offered to buy a few pieces to spruce up our new bedroom.  I’m currently eyeing this macrame throw pillow, this pearl frame, this storage basket, this decorative box and this ceramic vase (will fill with these).

The post My Monthly Edit appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar